Protect yourself from mail check fraud by following these helpful tips:
- promptly pick up mail. Do not leave letters or packages out for long lengths of time
- deposit mail containing personal or financial information as close to pick-up time as possible
- inquire promptly if you have not received a package, credit card, or payment that you were expecting
- do not send cash in the mail
- make sure to file an address change with the postal service when moving
- request signature confirmation if needed
If you are a victim of check fraud via mail theft, please call the bank immediately and visit: https://www.uspis.gov/report or call the USPIS hotline at 1-877-876-2455.